Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What I'm working on

While doing some organizing and sorting of my quilt stuffus, I came across a bunch of little quilts that have been accumulating.  So I have decided to spend some time this week quilting them...fingers crossed.
 
Except for the last two, the first four are all from leftover of other quilts.  I hate throwing away scraps and leftover blocks.  It just seems like such a waste.  If I can't find someone to pass them along to, I make a little quilt.
 
The first quilt shown are the leftovers from a 30's dresden quilt I made.  The blocks you see were the used to go around all the blocks.  Someday I'll get that dresden quilted.  The second quilt you see were the left overs after cutting tumbler blocks out of 5" charms.  Nothing too fancy but I like it.
 


The third little quilt here came from the ends of 60 degree triangles I cut...and haven't done anything with yet.  I really need to get back to that project.  The fourth one here came from my Ocean Waves quilt.  With the pink setting fabric I used, it became clear very early on that using pink blocks too wasn't going to look very good.  But they work as a little quilt.




Ever have just one charm pack of something?  It never feels like enough to do anything with.  I found that they make a great little tumbler quilt.    And finally, this last little quilt is a design from Lori Smith of From My Heart to Your Hands.  It was made from four fat quarters.  It's not a favorite of mine...maybe because of the colors I used.  I'm hoping some fancy quilting with snazz it up.


 
 
I have my next little quilt progress.  From the leftovers of another quilt I'm making 2" finished hour glass blocks.  After thinking about all the possible layouts I've decided to do a simple every other block kinda thing. This one is going to be a lot of fun to quilt and I can't wait.
 

 
 
Well that's all from me for now.  I hope y'all are having a great week.
 
Till next time...


 



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed! I've got a bunch of small quilts in the works for holiday gift giving. Each finish I want to keep!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love all your little quilts! I always have great intentions of using up the leftovers, but never get very far. Maybe I should commit to being better next year and see how many mini's I end up with. ;-) Have a good evening!

Ruth said...

Great little quilts! I have been doing the same thing and wonder if I can ever use up all the scraps. They keep reproducing!

Kindred Quilts said...

I love using mini quilts to display on tables, counters, book shelves, etc. You have been busy making mini's... isn't it nice to see quick results with mini's? Love the look of your new hour glass project!

Darlene said...

OK, this is my third attempt at leaving a comment - let's hope blogger cooperates. :-)

Small quilts simply make me smile - they are little charmers. :-)

I love all that you've shown - have fun.

QuiltNut Creations said...

Such a great bunch of quilts!