Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A couple new finishes

No....I don't have any pictures of my Market haul yet.  I've been crazy busy with life in general.

But I do have a couple new finishes to share with you.

First up my version of Gail Pan Designs' Snowy Garden Stitcheries.  We found this at Market and upon returning home it was the first project I started on...something quick and easy.



Next up, and just finished yesterday, is a quilt commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. 


*sorry for the wonky photo*

At the shop there were a couple of bolts of Lincoln Bicentennial panels from Windham Fabrics.  Each scene depicted pictures from the Civil War.  We loved the panels but could never figure out what to do with them and they were selling.  So I began the mission of finding a use for these fantastic panels.  Jackpot!  While searching Windham's website I found a pattern called Army of the Potomac that used a completely different panel.  But after making a few measurements I knew the panel would fit and we were off to the races.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  And my husband really likes it too which is always a bonus.  The quilt measures 58" x 58" and is the perfect gift for any Civil War buff.


I have a couple other finishes but like a ding dong I didn't get photographs and now they are at the shop.  So obviously no photos to share...sorry.

One was the Smokey River quilt I talked about in a previous post.  It turned out fabulous I must say. 

And the other was a new pattern I purchased at Market called Perfect Ten by Swirly Girls Design.  I just LOVE their patterns.  And this particular one could not have been easier and quicker.  It took less than a day to cut and sew it together.  I made my version in Kaffe Fasset, Philip Jacobs, and Brandon Mabley prints and let me just say this...I think it turned out FABULOUS!  I will try to get a picture of it as soon as possible to share.

Well that's all for now.  I have to get ready to give a quick EQ7 tutorial to someone who's thinking about buying the software and then it's backing to quilting.

Have a fantastic day!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Your Civil War quilt is a good one. I have a Civil War panel of some kind. Might work doing the same thing. I will have to check.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your quilts. Snowmen are so cute and your civil war quilt seems to me very original. Never seen a quilt with such a panel in the center.
Happy quilting

Grethe said...

Love your snow man stitchery,you are a fast stitcher,for sure:-) Looking forward to seeing you Perfect Ten one day!!

Darlene said...

Well, there you be! LOL

Love the embroideries - surprised? :-)

Civil War quilt is fabulous.