Thursday, April 14, 2011

Check it out!!!

Have I got something to show you?!!!  I had something that came in my mail today that is going to CHANGE your life.  It's the solution to make rotary blades go farther.

We all know how expensive it is to buy rotary blades...especially when you're a very active quilter like myself.  Again, like myself I'm sure many of you have tried different blade sharpeners.  They are labor intensive and unless you put a lot of muscle behind it, the sharpeners don't really work that well.

Well The Grace Company has changed all that because they have come out with this...


It's the True Sharp Power Rotary Blade Sharpener!!!

It sharpens 28mm, 45mm, and 60mm blades all with the push of a button.  It comes with both coarse and fine grit stones that sharpens even the dullest blade.  To use it you plug it in and follow a few simple directions. 

To use the machine all you have to do is put a drop of oil on each stone (the one on the machine and one on the lid).  Insert the blade into the right ring.  Here's a picture with a 45mm blade placed inside.

 

Next, close and latch the lid and then press and hold down the button for 30 seconds.  Open, flip the blade over and repeat.  The duller your blade, the more times you may have to rotate the blade and continue sharpening.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

I LOVE this little gizmo and yes I've already tried it out and it really DOES work.  So go throw away those old hand crank blade sharpeners and get thee to your local quilt shop and ask them to order you one or go directly to http://www.graceframe.com/.

You're welcome...LOL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...Thank you. I probably won't be buying one any time soon, but I'm glad to know they exist. =) I'm also glad that you tried it for me.

Maybe someone will give one away and I'll be lucky enough to win?!?!?! not likely. =)

Loris said...

Well that's kind of cool! Thanks for the info. Hope it continues to work well for you. It would be nice to keep these blades working longer.

Dora, the Quilter said...

Wow. Great idea! I've spent hours messing with the hand held sharpeners and have never gotten an edge that made it worthwhile. However, I do have a drawer full of blades that I've been saving. Thanks for sharing this!

Fleurette said...

Thats a very handy gizmo to own! thanks for the info.