Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A show of hands please...

Who loves getting mail?  I do!

First, let me give you a little background story that will help explain why I am so excited about getting mail.  When I was a little girl I LOVED Sesame Street.  My mother says it was the best babysitter she ever had.  It was on Sesame Street that I first discovered Russian nesting dolls.  Here is the video:



Ever since I saw this on Sesame Street, I've loved nesting dolls.  They come in so many shapes and sizes and styles.  I'm just forever fascinated by them.  For a while now, I've been seeing nesting doll quilt fabric on quilters' blogs but I never seem to be able to find it in my area.  And it's really hard to find online.

Fast forward to today.  In today's mail was a package from my Brown Bag Quilt Contest parter Julianna in Poland.  And her package and it had this taped all over it!


How cute is that tape?  If I had some that I'd use on everything...seriously!  So anyway...when I see this, and I don't know why, but I sat there thinking to myself "Oooohhhh I hope there's nesting doll fabric inside."  As hard as it is to find here I thought it would be a long shot.  But guess what?  There was!  She sent me this...


along with...



I couldn't be more tickled about what she sent me!  The dolls, the funky florals, and those owls...they're all so fantastic!  I can't wait to start playing with them this weekend.

Thanks again Julianna!

8 comments:

KQ Sue said...

Oh!!! Pretty!!! I love nesting dolls, cats or what ever I can find. Nesting doll fabric is good to. Was there a readable selvedge edge?

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

ooooo oooo oooo cool cool cool, love mail, especially snail mail in squishy package, and email, nice gifties to you!!!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

How fun! great mail! :-) Can't wait to see what you make~ or is it just for petting? ;-)

Linda said...

WHO DOESN'T LIKE GETTING MAIL. YOU SCORED GIRL!

Yvette said...

Great mail! I have always loved those dolls too. I have a friend that collects them and they are all over her house. CUTE!!!

Brandie said...

I agree with you, getting mail is terrific! Specially when it contains surprises.

Retrogirl said...

AAAGH! I remembered that sesame video! What a fantastic package of goodies.

dq said...

Your brown bag fabric is too beautiful to be brown bag stuff. Congrats on getting such a loot!