Saturday, July 24, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In

Well here are the results of a Friday evening spent sewing.


Soooooo....here's what I did.  I took a Botany Layer Cake and cut each square into five 2" strips.  Then I put them in pairs.  So far I have almost 100 nine patches sewn.  What shall I do with them you ask?  I plan to do this...


One hundred blocks is enought to do twenty X's.  The next step will be cutting the setting squares (53 - 5" squares) and triangles (8 - 7 5/8" cut twice on the diagonal for sides and 2 - 4" cut once on the diagonal for corners) which will be from my white-on-white scraps.

When it's complete the quilt will measure approximately 51x64.  So if you have a layer cake and a yard and 3/8 laying around, you can make this too.

Tomorrow I'll show you what I'm doing with the leftover 2" squares.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Wow you were super productive! I finished a project with Botany last week end - very different line but I loved it.

Jandi said...

Those are fantastic!