Sunday, December 20, 2009

My How Time Flies

I can't believe I haven't blogged in over a month.  Well yeah I can.  I've super busy since before the holidays started last month.  What have I been doing?

- I cooked for 12 for Thanksgiving...a long yet wonderful day.

- I baked DOZENS of cookies for 12 of my husband's coworkers. 

- I baked and decorated DOZENS of cut out cookies for the first time.  They were for a cookie exchange party of which I won a prize for the best decorated cookies.  Each cookie was decorated differently (minus the gingerbread men).  The stars, hearts, etc. were chocolated flavored cookies.  It was a lot of fun (and work) to make them.  I don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon.



- I've been working on several quilt projects.  Here are pictures of my few works in progress.





- Finally, I've been making handmade ornaments...hand embroidered and salt dough for an ornament exchange tomorrow night.  I still have a ways to go with the sald dough ornaments.  After they've dried, I'll add glitter and paint to the plain ones and finally spray them with a sealant so they'll last a long time and be protected.







That's all for now.  I'll post a picture tomorrow of the finished dough ornaments.

No comments: