Sunday, August 2, 2009

i LOVE hand embroidery

Below is a picture of my latest project. I just finished it this week. It is called "Tea Party." The embroidery patterns by Crabapple Hill Studio were picked for a few dollars at a yard sale. The quilt design is mine.

This was such a fun project to work on and I wasn't sure how well I was going to do at it. I hadn't embroidered since I was a little girl when my grandmother taught me when I was staying with her one weekend. Over the years I hadn't really given embroidery much thought but when I saw these beautiful, dainty little tea cups I couldn't resist.

When I took the quilt top to bee this week, it was met with ooh's and ahh's. One of my bee friends insisted that it needed to be hand quilted. She offered to hand quilt it for me but only if I would enter it in our upcoming quilt show. I agreed. So in about two months I should have it back and I'm really excited to see what she does with it.


No comments: